8-10 chicken wings
2 large garlic cloves finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp cayenne paprika
1 tsp (or tbsp depending on the desired heat) of cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried Mexican oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven at 350F
- Using a small sharp knife, make small cuts into the chicken wings so they absorb the flavors
- In a plastic bag, stir together the paprika, olive oil, cayenne pepper, oregano, salt and pepper. Add the chicken wings and toss together until all wings are coated
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours (if you leave them overnight they really soak the flavors and taste better but if don’t have the time, 1-2 hours should be sufficient)
- Place them on a cookie sheet making sure there are no overlaps and bake them for about 25 minutes or until fully cooked, making sure that you turn them around when the top gets crispy.
- When ready to serve, squeeze lime on top of the wings and enjoy!
This dish can be served any time of the year (baked in the oven) but during the summer as a great addition to your barbecue repertoire